The first time.
I remember the first time I was committed :-
I was living alone in a flat, and there were people above me, making horrendous noises at all hours, I complained to anyone and everyone I could think of, police, social work, you name it, I contacted them, I had no idea that I was not believed, the noise continued and I kept complaining, till it suddenly all stopped, for just one day, I had no idea, that his people had recieved GILT EDGED confirmation, that I would be taken away, and there was no way out for me, I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking they had given up, the next day, I had an appointment at the psychiatric day centre, where he told me that I was to be taken to a psychiatric hospital, I screamed in protest, right there, in his office, but it did no good, I was taken away.
After I was released, they tried all they could, to have me sent back there, they even tried by relocating a file of my notes in my filing cabinet, so I would call the police and tell them about it, telling them that I had been a patient there, and, if the time for legal action had not expired, I would have been sent back there again, but it had expired, so it was ignored and no action was taken, I found it later, under other files.

<< Home